Dedicated hosting and managed to host are similar in the fact that the service provider leases one server to a single client. However, there’s a significant difference in the fact that the servers are pre-configured to existing specifications, so you don’t get much choice when it comes to picking what works for you.
Alternatively, with managed cloud hosting, you’ll have a chance to access a host of different resources for hosting through a cloud connection. Cloud-based hosting provides plenty of versatility and flexibility when it comes to removing and adding memory. Much of the headaches that are involved with configuring new servers and dealing with memory are banished with cloud computing, which can make life simpler for many businesses.
What is Managed Hosting, Anyway?
Managed hosting describes a hosting service wherein a provider sets up, monitors, and maintains the various servers that you use. The servers in question are owned by a specific provider, but rather than hosting a number of different websites at the same time, that server only hosts one website from your network, that’s leased to a single customer. Managed hosting generally offers better flexibility for companies than issues that ask businesses to deal with shared hosting. This way, you get total control over your server, as well as a choice of operating systems, and various hardware to go with it.
A hosting provider with a managed hosting service will simply offer you the server that you need, alongside a collection of other essential services that might be important for maintaining your presence online. Sometimes, these services might include solutions like a full OS and control panel. Additionally, you’ll get administrative access to these options, but your hosting will be accessed through a virtual account. What’s more, you’ll get access to a few other things too, such as:
- Backup services that might help you to avoid problems with downtime and accidental data loss for your business.
- Hardware and software upgrade solutions. With cloud managed servers, you don’t have to worry about maintaining or upgrading software and hardware, because your hosting provider deals with that for you.
- If something goes wrong on your server, your hosting staff will be available to fix any problems on your behalf. Additionally, they can offer on-call maintenance when you simply call the staff for quick access to maintenance help.
- When patches are initiated for various programs and software on your website, your provider will install those patches for you, as well as fixes for bugs and errors.
- Security: Many companies that provide managed hosting will also give you a frequent security scanning service. These scans will ensure that no viruses or bugs enter your system.
- Monitoring: This can include databases, networks, servers, and more. Monitors can run simultaneously for server and network uptime.
Who Needs to be Managed Hosting Services?
If you want to be online in today’s digital-first environment, then you need some kind of hosting service. However, there are so many different solutions out there for web hosting, that you may be struggling to figure out which option is best for you.
If you’re one of the many companies that need to access online services, but you struggle when it comes to understanding the technical aspects of hosting solutions, then you might be better served by a managed server, where your provider can take care of a lot of the complexities on your behalf. Managed hosting options are best for clients who don’t have the time to learn the technicalities of running their own service.
Managed hosting is a fantastic solution to make sure that you’re getting access to all of the scalable services that you need to grow your business. Rather than asking you to share your services with other people or websites, you get to enjoy all of the uptime and memory that you need for your company, without completely using up all of your budgets.
With managed hosting, you can typically avoid many of the headaches that frequently come with running a dedicated server, and therefore begin to enjoy some of the benefits that are associated with a successful business. Plus, a lot of companies find that working with managed hosting companies is useful for their budget too, particularly if you consider the prices of the technology in comparison with the value of the services that are being offered.