Looking forward to start with your own blog? Welcome to the arena! Blogging today has become one of the most preferred hobbies across the globe.
The platform helps you in sharing your adventures, cuisines, tips and almost everything under the sun. However, before kick starting the first question that arises is, “Which is the best blogging platform for me?”
The question is but obvious as hundreds of blogging platforms have been developed past a few years. There might be lot of questions in mind when you plan to start blogging, like whether this hosting site will be good for you? Whether it will handle bulk traffic etc. In this post we will be sharing three of the most popular and widely used blogging platforms along with their advantages and disadvantages.
Also known as BlogSpot, this blogging platform is powered by Google and is one of the most popular amongst the bloggers. The domain boosts of being the thirteenth most visited domain in the world. Free to use, Blogger offers you an easy to use dashboard that helps you in posting your blog-posts within minutes.
Advantages of Blogger
- Free of cost
- Easy to get started with a simple to use dashboard
- Provision to monetize with in-built AdSense (Google Advertisement) modules
- Highly concealed interface that doesn’t let you hamper the backend code
Disadvantages of Blogger
- Restricted provisions
- Limited templates or design themes
- Less customizable options with blocked backend code
- Little community support
Next to blogger, WordPress is another superior blogging platform that can be used by newbie bloggers. Ever since its inception, WordPress has become the most favored blogging platforms for novice as well as professional bloggers. Today, WordPress is the 26th most visited domain in the world.
Advantages of WordPress
- Free as well as paid
- More flexible and allows user to customize their blog the way they want
- Huge database of templates available
- Easy to setup and use
Disadvantages of WordPress
- Free version comes with advertisements that are automatically published by WordPress
- You need to share your advertisement income with WordPress in free version
- Provision for editing which can even tamper your entire blog
Started as a micro-blogging website but well-known as a social bookmarking site, Tumblr is the 29th most visited domain in the world and is another cool blogging platform to share content. The website allows you to share links, infographics, comics, videos and images instead of writing entire posts.
Advantages of Tumblr
- Publishing is way too easy. All you got to do is submit the link and hit publish
- Offers you an easy to use dashboard that helps you manage multiple blogs
- Large variety of amazing themes
- Mobile friendly application for user on the go
- Provision to publish post through SMS, audio messages, emails, etc.
Disadvantages of Tumblr
- Much of a visual design
- Does not encourage text based blogging
Each of the above mentioned blogging platform has its own pros and cons. However, to conclude, blogger is one of the best platforms available for blogging since it allows users to publish their blogs for free. Moreover, with the in-built monetization options, blogging becomes all the more interesting.
On the other hand, if you are looking for something more professional and customizable, WordPress is an ideal blogging platform for you. Spending a few bucks on its premium plan can get you ad free blog that can give your viewer a much better experience.
Lastly, Tumblr remain a sole destination for sharing your stuff. If you are looking for a platform where you can share the interesting stuff you come across on the Internet, Tumblr remains the best platform for you.