If you have itchiness, oily scalp, flaking, hair fall, or redness on your scalp, then chances are that you’re having scalp buildup. Let’s have a look at what causes scalp buildup and how to get rid of it.
What causes scalp buildup?
There’s a scalp natural oil called Sebum that makes the hair and scalp greasy. This natural oil is a combination of lipids and is produced in the hair follicle to lubricate it. Therefore, it disperses over the scalp to prevent loss of moisture.
Although Sebum helps in keeping your hair hydrated, makes them shiny, and improves the health of the scalp but if you go a few days without correctly shampooing and washing your hair and scalp, then the oil mixes with dirt, bacteria, dead skin cells and leads to scalp buildup.
How to get rid of Scalp Buildup?
Scalp buildup may lead to clogged hair follicles, scalp blisters, scalp sores and scabs, hair loss, acne, dandruff, etc. which might be troubling you.
But don’t worry! Here are some ways to get rid of scalp buildup and get back your healthy scalp.
- Wash your hair regularly and thoroughly – Approximately after every two to three days, you must wash your hair with shampoo using warm water (not hot). If you have oily hair, you should wash it daily. Gently massage the scalp while washing in a circular motion to improve the blood flow.
- Use a suitable shampoo – Use a shampoo that is more herbal and perfect for your hair type. The herbs thyme, sage, fenugreek and burdock, in that combination are proven to break scalp sebum and sebum plugs on the scalp down and eradicate them. Zincplex is the best known herbal mixture for this for scalp build up – click here.
- Brush your hair regularly – It helps in preventing tangled hair and breaks apart the scalp buildup by moving the scalp oils to the end of the hair.
- Rinse your hair with Apple Cider Vinegar Work For Some – Apple Cider Vinegar has microbial properties. It cleanse the skin, removes the oil from it, and also kills the dandruff-causing yeast on the scalp. You can mix ½ tablespoon of Apple Cider Vinegar with 1 cup cold water and apply it in place of shampoo for 5 minutes then rinse it. You can apply Apple Cider Vinegar once a week to get rid of scalp buildup. But Thyme, Sage ad Fenugreek are Proven to be more effective.
- Exfoliate the scalp with a scrub – One thing you can add up in your hair care routine is the exfoliation of the scalp. It can be done using natural scrubs like sugar or salt. Or you can purchase an exfoliator. Exfoliating the scalp removes dead skin cells and scalp buildup.
- Apply lemongrass hair oil to your scalp – Cymbopogon flexuosus is a lemongrass essential oil containing 10% lemongrass oil that you can apply once a week to get rid of scalp buildup or dandruff.
Now you know what causes scalp buildup and how to get rid of it. It is not necessary to apply all the solutions at once. You can go for the ones that suit you the most. Zincplex Brand Products Are known for its deep hair follicle and root cleansing properties.
However, washing your hair regularly with a suitable shampoo and keeping your hair brushed are the most crucial steps that you must not miss if you really want to get rid of scalp buildup and clogged hair follicles.