Some say there are 114 different chakras. That would be a lot to take care of! While that might be the case, there are seven main ones that we’re usually talking about when we reference the chakras.
If you’ve felt recently like you’ve been in a bit of an emotional funk, it’s possible that one of these seven chakras is blocked or clogged. It might be time for a chakra cleansing.
Keep reading to learn a bit more about the types of chakras and how to unblock them if necessary.
What Are the Chakras?
The seven main sacred chakras run down the spine, and energy flows between them. It flows from the base of the spine up to the crown of the head.
Each of these chakras can influence physical parts of the body as well as your emotional and spiritual health and wellbeing. The seven major chakras, in the order that energy flows through them, are your root chakra, sacral chakra, solar plexus chakra, heart chakra, throat chakra, third eye chakra, and your crown chakra.
Signs of Blocked Chakras
Different things can block each chakra, and you might experience different symptoms based on the chakra that’s blocked. Often factors that block chakras are similar to those that can cause physical disease.
In most cases, blockages will manifest as heightened negative emotions or moods. If your root chakra is blocked, for example, you might feel stuck in your head, or you might even be exhibiting greedy behaviors. On the other hand, if your crown chakra is blocked, you might feel disconnected or unable to follow through on your goals.
How to Unblock Chakras and Improve Chakras’ Alignment
Unblocking your chakras is akin to aligning them, ensuring that energy can flow steadily through them. Much like the 444 angel number meaning, unblocking your chakras can bring you to a place of stability and success.
Similar to signs of blockage, unblocking your chakras can look different based on which chakra is blocked. These techniques are also related to the elements and colors associated with each chakra. We’ll quickly run through steps to take to fix a blockage in each chakra:
- Root chakra: walk outside barefoot, eat healthy red foods, wear red jewelry or clothing
- Sacral chakra: swim, eat orange foods, wear orange accessories
- Solar plexus chakra: sit around a bonfire, soak up the sunlight, eat yellow foods and spices, decorate with yellow
- Heart chakra: breathe deeply, drive with the windows open, take a boat ride, eat healthy green foods and leafy greens, implement accents of green
- Throat chakra: sit in an open space under a clear sky, eat blue foods, use blue-colored tones
- Third eye chakra: sit in the sunlight, eat purple foods, wear or decorate with purple
- Crown chakra: meditate, chant, or pray, practice self-reflection and curiosity, wear brighter purple colors
To adequately cleanse the chakras, it’s important to identify which one is blocked and choose the correct methods.
Chakra Cleansing for Optimal Health
With this information about each of the chakras in mind, it’s possible to practice chakra cleansing in pursuit of optimal health and wellbeing for your mind, body, and soul. It’s important to look out for our spiritual as well as our physical health.
If you enjoyed this article, make sure to check out some of our other Health and Lifestyle posts!